2012/2013 POST – UTME SCREENING EXERCISE
This is to inform all UTME candidates who have applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna for the 2012/2013 academic session that the University has scheduled the Post-UTME screening exercise to hold at the University Main Campus, Gidan kwano for candidates who selected FUT, Minna as their first and second choice (most preferred) University as follows:
Category – A: FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES ONLY
|Commencement date for online registration:||9am on Monday 4th June, 2012|
|Close of online registration:||12pm on Tuesday 12th June, 2012|
|Dates of screening exercise:||14th June – 16th June, 2012|
Category – B: SECOND CHOICE CANDIDATES ONLY
|Commencement date for online registration:||9am on Wednesday 20th June, 2012|
|Close of online registration:||12pm on Friday 29th June, 2012|
|Dates of screening exercise:||2nd July – 4th July, 2012|
Candidates are hereby notified that the screening exercise shall be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT) platform.
Note: All other prospective candidates who do not fall into the above category including the Direct Entry candidates are advised to check the university website from 15th July, 2012 for further information.
- Only candidates who selected FUT, Minna as their first or second choice most preferred University.
- Candidates who scored NOT LESS than the indicated minimum for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the March, 2012 UTME as shown below:
|Engineering and Engineering Technology||Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering,
Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering,
Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
|Information and Communication Technology||Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security Science, Information and Media Technology, Library Information Technology.||
|Entrepreneurship and Management Technology||Entrepreneurship and Business studies, Project Management Technology, Transport Management Technology.||
|Environmental Technology||Building Technology, Estate Management,
Surveying and Geo-informatics,
Urban and Regional Planning, Quantity Surveying.
|Agriculture and Agricultural Technology||Agricultural Economics and Extension Technology, Animal Production, Crop Production, Food Science and Nutrition,
Horticulture, Soil Science,
Water Resources, Aquaculture and Fisheries Technology.
|Science and Science Education||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geography, Physics, Industrial and Technology Education, Mathematics/Statistics, Geology, Mathematics Education, Physics Education, Geography Education, Biology Education, Chemistry Education.||
|Science and Science Education||Biochemistry, Microbiology.||
iii. Candidates whose UTME score is below the minimum for their chosen course are eligible to register for any other course provided they attain the minimum score for that course. Such candidates will however be surcharged a “CHANGE of COURSE” processing fee of N500 only before the results of the CBT screening exercise are processed.
iv. However, all candidates must have the prescribed subjects combination in the UTME required for admission into the proposed course/programme as prescribed in the JAMB brochure.
v. All candidates must possess a minimum of five O’Level credits including Mathematics and English language at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed course and obtained not earlier than 2008.
vi. Only O’Level result print-out downloaded directly from the website of the national examining body (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or original certificate(s) will be accepted for verification.
vii. Candidates in the “Awaiting Result” category will NOT be allowed to participate in the screening exercise.
For list of relevant subjects for each course/programme check homepage of our website.
NOTE: Any false declaration could lead to a candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
2. Method of Registration
- All candidates must either possess a valid e-mail address or create one for the purpose of the online registration for the screening exercise.
- Candidates should go to any of the following designated Banks (First Bank, UBA , Union Bank, EcoBank, Keystone Bank, Access Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Zenith Bank, Skye Bank ) and pay N1,000.00 only for the CBT screening and another N1,000.00 as University processing fee totalling N2,000.00 (exclusive of N250 Bank charges) into “FUTMINNA POST – UTME ACCOUNT” through e-Tranzact platform.
- The Bank will issue a receipt containing a receipt number and Confirmation order number that will be used by the candidate for the on-line registration.
Candidates are hereby directed to visit the homepage of this website for details on the procedure for on-line registration.
3. Requirements for the Screening Exercise
All eligible candidates are required to come on the scheduled date to the Convocation Arena at the University Main Campus at Gidan-kwano along Minna-Bida road with the following:
- A clean copy of 2012/2013 – UTME result slip affixed with a recent coloured passport photograph and with the title of course/programme of choice boldly written on top of the result slip.
- The printed 2012/2013 Post-UTME scheduling slip.
- A writing material (biro or pencil).
- A simple calculator (non-programmable) without cover.
4. General Information
- No candidate will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise without complying with the above requirements.
- The Main Campus at Gidan Kwano along Minna-Bida road is about 20 kms away from the Bosso Campus of the University, which is inside Minna town. Candidates without personal vehicles may board commercial buses at the rate of N70 at the Bus Park inside the Bosso Campus of the University.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring GSM handsets or similar electronic gadgets into the screening hall. Such item(s) will be seized and will not be returned to the owners.
- Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the law enforcement agents.
- Any registered candidate who fails to report for the screening exercise on the date specified on the print-out automatically loses his or her chance of being considered for admission.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the convocation arena at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano on the scheduled date for the screening exercise at least one hour prior to the scheduled time.
Note: First choice candidates are strongly advised to commence registration immediately as the University portal will be closed for registration at midnight of Tuesday 12th June, 2011. The University portal will be re-opened for the commencement of registration by second choice candidates only on Wednesday 20th June, 2012.Follow @Dekokoblog
Get free daily email updates!